ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is a set of procedures, tasks, and checklists that establish compliance and competency in the way in which a business works with IT. The most commonly used system for IT service management across the globe, ITIL is a practical and straightforward way to identify, plan, deliver, and support IT within the business sector.
If you are a SME then it is worth considering ITIL training courses to ensure you are using IT to the best of your advantage. ITIL is one of the best ways to enable your business to change, evolve and innovate through technology, and provides a dynamic guide to set about transforming your approach and growing your enterprise.
- Getting to know ITIL
There are five core publications within ITIL that set the framework for how your business can work with IT. All of these directly affect the potential for SMEs, and can maximize potential across a range of factors, from systems management, to working with improved business applications.
ITIL can help a SME identify specific customer needs and drivers of IT requirements, right through to designing and implementing services, as well as continuously monitoring and improving them after delivery. From improved IT services to reduced costs, better customer satisfaction to a more professional approach to service completion, ITIL also ensures that you approach every customer with an improved level of skill and the experience to deliver better productivity, ITIL maximizes potential for SMEs in a range of ways. Here are ten top tips:
- Establish what ITIL will accomplish in your SME
- Articulate the benefits of ITIL to each level of your SME
- Define what a change actually is when you implement ITIL
- Get the right people trained in ITIL to the right level
- Use ITIL training in a real world real task environment
- Establish how your customer needs and demands correspond to ITIL
- Understand how ITIL can deliver change across your SME business applications
- Define Key Performance Indicators for your SMEs potential for ITIL
- Define Critical Success Factors that highlights improvements from ITIL
- Use each ITIL initiative to promote other ITIL processes.
- Quality support
ITIL is supported by quality services and used in major organizations around the world. More and more SMEs are finding out how ITIL can improve, transform, and grow their business through improved use of IT and business applications, through specialized ITIL training courses.
Guest Post by Blathnaid Magill