Although we have heard about the film Robot busy for some time,the Galaxy can be said tab is the first high-end robots tablet on the market, the first real competitor to Apple’s “magic” device. At the 50th anniversary IFA show (the largest trade fair for consumer electronics) in Berlin, Samsung brought out the GALAXY Tab (official name: GT-P1000) and so far people have been all praises for the 7-inch wonder. As if it didn’t have enough competition in the smart phone market, Apple Inc. is now faced with another encroacher in its touch pad market after its launch of the iPad. At present the Samsung Galaxy will be available in Europe from mid September but the launch dates for other markets like Korea, the US and Asia is still to be announced.
- Operating System (OS): The GALAXY Tab comes with Google’s open source Android 2.2 (Froyo) OS running TouchWiz 3.0 user interface.
- Processor: Cortex A8 1.0 GHz application processor.
- Memory: The GALAXY comes with 16 or 32 GB and is expandable by up to 32 more GBs.
- Weight: A lightweight at 140 oz (380g).
- Screen size: 7 inches (18 cm) TFT LCD Screen.
- Cameras: The GALAXY Tab has two cameras to allow for video telephony. (3MP and 1.3MP).
- Connection Options: With the GALAXY Tab connections can be made via 3G networks, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
GALAXY Vs iPad
Application support. Apple’s App Store may be a greater choice than the robot market, but the Android open ecological system allows you to install whatever you want – no approval requirements.
Flash memory. You see, the idea is there is no demand for Flash on mobile devices is completely wrong. Love it or hate it, Flash is still a large part of the network.
Fully utilized. Android devices can use the hard drive like: You can drag and drop files from your computer, you can browse your device.
Android devices can often replace the battery, some of Apple’s mobile hardware is not supported.
Finally, there’s USB support issues – that is, in fact, Apple’s IPAD without it. If Samsung is smart, it will provide a comprehensive Galaxy tab USB connection.
Samsung is advertizing the touch pad as one that is not aimed at competing with Apple’s iPad but rather an entry in its own genre. But with that having been said some users have already been comparing the two touch pads. And already there have been indications that the Samsung GALAXY Tab’s web speed is amazingly higher than the iPad.
Everyone can safely assume that if the price is right, and that has not been unveiled yet, the GALAXY Tab will give iPad a run for its money.
What are you impressions of Samsung Galaxy tab? Let us know in the comments.