Slow!!! Hang!!! Overheat!!! – Do you face these problems regularly in your computer? If that’s true then you have to do some to solve these problems. Now here I am going to describe some tips for your desktop as well as for your laptop to run faster, smoother and last longer.
- Defragment your hard disk. It’s a necessary step for maintaining a good performance. It rearranges all clusters by their importance. Then CPU can easily access data more frequently.
Steps to follow:
1. Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Defragment
2. Select the drives and defrag.
- Remove your unnecessary programs from start up. Generally it works on background but occupies your valuable system memory.
1. Open “msconfig.exe” from run.
2. Disable your unnecessary programs from startup tab.
- Uninstall your unused programs that are waste your memory space or are not needed further. To properly uninstall those programs just follow the following steps.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and features
2. Select unused programs and uninstall it.
- Run Disk cleanup. By doing this you can easily save some memory.
1. Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk cleanup
2. Select the drive and click ok.
- Manually delete unnecessary files from your Hard disk.
- Always keep clean Internet cache, history and temporary files before use a browser. Whatever you run or open on your browser, it will save as temporary files. If you don’t erase your temporary internet files it may slow down your computer.
- Keep your registry clean. It’s a way to boost up your computer speed. Though the process needs some advance knowledge or you can also use someregistry cleaner software. I think second one is the best choice for most of you. Before doing this on your system, it’s vital that you create a backup copy of all your important data.
1. Open “regedit.exe” from Run.
2. First Export a backup file of your registry.
3. After that you can manually delete “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.”- Registry files which stores registry changes to software and hardware.
[Caution: Needs some expert knowledge]
- Use an original good antivirus program. It’s a paid trick for you. If you got a registered version of an antivirus program then it will automatically protect your computer and also update virus definition automatically throughout the year. You may also be able to use total security program which include also anti spyware, antimalware, anti-Phishing, firewall protection and more.
- Another paid trick to speed up your computer is to upgrade your RAM. Definitely it automatically increases your computer speed.
- A tip for your laptop. Don’t keep your laptop on a surface that closes air to circulate. It will be a vital cause for overheat and slow down your laptop. Its needs to circulate air freely. Otherwise you will face some unwanted problems.
I think these will surely help you. But if you have any other tips on that topic then feel free to share with us in comments.