India’s new currency symbol (called Rupee)- Fifth currency in the world to have a distinct identity. It has previously been denoted as INR wit
h no symbol of its own.
Rupee gets a new symbol which is the combination of devanagri and roman scripts. This symbol signifies the strength
and ambition of o
country. Now the problem occurs that how to use this new symbol in computer. Here in this article you will learn how to use new symbo
l ofIndian currency rupee.
Mangalore based Foradian Technologies Pvt Ltd has created a font called Rupee Foradian. Users can download the new symbol from their blog for free.
Steps for install :
- Download the zip file containing the New rupee symbol from (http://blog.foradian.com/rupee-font-version-30),
- Now, Extract the downloaded file with the help of WinRAR
- Double click on the Rupee_Font_Installer.exe,
- Click on “Install” button.
- You can now use the new Rupee symbol in your Office products by selecting Rupee foradian font.
A another process to install :
- Download the Indian Rupee Symbol Font from Foradian’s blog
- To install Copy the Font file to Control Panel–>Fonts Folder.
- Change the Font from the default Times New Roman, Arial, and Calibri to Rupees Foradian Font.
- Type the Rupees Symbol in Microsoft Word through the grave accent symbol which is the key just above “tab” button in your keyboard.
For Linux users
- Download the new Rupee font “Rupee_Fonts_Standard.zip” from the link http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/foradian/bj7IReLQ6Lh4IVjMmMulLwiPglXH6n60wiq6OFmlcdQezTu1TKtvbB4j0ZI2/Rupee_Fonts_Standard.zip,
- Type the following command in terminal window “xmodmap -e “keycode 49 = U20b9 grave” &
- There you are, now you can use the grave accent key to get the Rupee Symbol.
But since this is not a standard font, avoid using it when sending a document to someone else, because if the person doesn’t have the font installed on their system, they will only see a ~ symbol. The company created a vector image of the new rupee symbol and mapped the grave accent symbol, the key just above the tab button on your keyboard, with it. This keystroke was chosen because it is rarely used.
So, Download the Free Rupee Font Version 2.0 from Foradian Blog and enjoy.