WordPress is undoubtedly one of the best platforms around that has eased the process of creating a full featured website. This platform is loaded with plugin and widgets designed to enable you easily design you website in a matter of minutes. However, your knowledge of these plug-ins will determine how fast you can create your website and how you can optimize your website so that as you blog pages increase, they do not clutter and clog your website slowing down your loading time. Let’s consider 10 of this plug-ins.
- Lightbox 2: We know that pictures do improve a visitor’s surfing experience. This useful plug-in enables your readers view sizeable pictures without being redirected to other web pages. This plug-in employs the Colorbox to layer pictures in a lightbox. You can also automate this process by enabling the auto lightboxing option
- WP-Print: This is a very useful plug-in when your readers want to print pages from your blog posts. It saves them the hassle of copying your web contents to a word processor or text editor format then print. It reorganizes your web page contents to a printable format and sends to your printer with one click. It certainly encourages interaction time on your website from your visitors.
- Akismet: This plug-in is essential in keeping annoying spammers at bay. This secures trust from your readers that your blog post is safe.
- Smart 404: This plugin is crucial as it prevents click-aways from you website incase the 404 error comes up. This error can be displayed even when a URL is misspelled. This means that our potential visitors may opt to visit another site. What this plug in does is use the keywords from the typed URL and automatically re-direct them to a closely matching website.
- WordPress Popular Posts: A widget that enables you to constantly place information that you’d want your visitors to know on each page of your website. So no matter which page they land on, your information will not escape their viewing.
- W3 Total Cache: This is WordPress’s most comprehensive performance optimization plugin. What this plugin does is that it creates static web pages from your active web pages and loads them on your bloggers browser. This means that your website loads faster giving visitors an easy browsing experience.
- Post Teaser: This plug in allow you to display a short preview about your blog enticing them to read the full post. It provides the link to the full post in case the reader is interested in reading the whole post.
- Search Everything: This plug-in includes extra search options to help your readers easily find the information they want. This plugin does this by including the default search on your blog such that readers can search other WebPages, tags, posts, comments and categories that are not password protected.
- Outbound Links: This plug in reduces the rate at which visitors leave you website by opening new web pages on new tabs.
- Subscribe to Comments: This is a very useful plugin as it allows you to follow up with your readers by asking them if they would like to be notified when new posts or comments are posted. This allows you to strengthen relations your loyal readers.
These plug-ins will definitely improve your blog’s performance which is really what keeps your subscribers and visitors plugged in, interested and participatory. Take time and implement all these plugins and watch your blog community explode. At what cost? FREE.
Guest Post by Kaushal Gandhi, who is Director at Aaris Internet Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Aaris is SEO company in India. Kaushal has conceptualized SEO Traingulation Method to get desired ranking. In addition, he is also a passionate blogger and writes on diverse topics such as Search Engine Optimization, PPC Management and Social Media.